Spruill Center for the Arts Registration for Encaustic Workshops Open in Dunwoody, GA
Saturday August 22, 10 am to 4 pm
Instructor: Kim McGill Stuart
Explore the rich, touchable and textural qualities of encaustic wax. Spend the day creating tantalizing textures with oil pigmented wax, water and fire. Emulate textures from coral reefs to smooth surfaces, reminiscent of glassy lake water at dusk. Embed or press objects into wax that are personal to your story-charms, string, bottle-tops, branches and memorabilia. Practice enhancing textures with oil paint washes and rubs. Use blow torches and carving tools to create various surface marks and undulations.
INTRO TO ENCAUSTIC PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED.
LEARN ENCAUSTIC WAX PAINTING ONE ON ONE OR WITH A SMALL GROUP… LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE.
Kim will teach you the ins and outs of painting with encaustic wax. Learn to melt, color and paint with molten beeswax. Burn patterns and depth into with a blow torch or learn to iron the wax on watercolor paper. Choose a style and learn in a personalized one on one setting or in a small party group with friends.
One-on-One Private Lesson:
2 hour minimum $150.00
+ additional hour(s) $75. per hour
Semi-Private Lesson (2-3 people):
2 hour minimum $100.00 per person
+ additional hour(s) $50. per hour per person
No experience necessary. Supplies included.
- Girls Night Out Party or Event in Atlanta
- Mom’s Day Out or Lunch Group
- Bachelorette or Bachelor Party Event
- Teen Art Education
- Continuing Encaustic Wax Painting Education
- Creating Artwork in a Private Environment
- Personal Artistic Growth and Artwork Critique
WHAT HAS KIM BEEN UP TO?
- New Photo-Encaustic Work Celebrating Spring03/18/2017 - 3:19 am
- MTHLY PRIVATE GROUP : Love this work created in August! You Should Join Us!09/09/2016 - 9:44 pm
- BACK by POPULAR DEMAND Penny & Kim! at Garage Door Studio08/10/2016 - 11:40 pm
- AUG.14-SUN = Introduction to Photo-encaustic Painting with Kim McGill Stuart08/08/2016 - 10:48 am